Recently I've been becoming more and more frustrated as I walk past churches and see signs and posters on the outside of them that, in my mind, only serve to put non-believers off from coming into church rather than encouraging them in as I think we should be doing.
I'm going to try and get photos whenever I can to illustrate my point, but I also want to try and match negative posters with more positive posters I may see.
Also just to clear up my comments, I'm not saying that what's on the signs and posters is actually bad or wrong etc, assuming it's from the Scriptures, but simply that I feel the way to reach out to the lost and to make them want to actually come into church is to preach the good news of the Gospel. Obviously once someone starts actively seeking God it's essential that they understand all the aspects of Christianity and not just the 'feel-good' stuff, but when it comes to that initial contact or outreach I can't help but feel that posters like this one aren't what we need...
As I have said I hope to post these whenever I come across a sign or poster that catches my attention and am able to get a photo of it. But to keep these posts from being solely negative, I hope to also include photos of more positive signs and posters I find, such as this one...

I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on this stuff...

2 comments:
I like the posters blasting idea, honestly how do people think that having a poster saying those things will bring them into their church? ..all though as church administrator I was going to change that faded poster with one that the sun hasn't damaged! but I promise I will not use a damning poster..only good ones!!
"The fool says in his heart there is no God" ?? True.. But that's NEVER going to attract people in.
Its the same as saying "Hey, you're all idiots and we're better than you!" Which church was that?
Post a Comment